Setting it up
If you joined one of our new monthly billed plans from 23 April 2014 onwards, chances are roaming will already be active. If you joined before this date, are on prepaid or you're just unsure if roaming is active, here’s how to set it up or check:
- Log in to My Vodafone
- Scroll down and select Activate International Roaming’.
- If you’ve got more than one service on your account, you’ll need to enter your 4 digit account enquiry PIN and select ‘Next’.
- If 'International Roaming’ is off, slide to the right so it's on (indicated in green).
- Pay-As-You-Go Roaming - If you don't see an option to select rates, this will automatically be your roaming option
- $5 Roaming – if you’re on an eligible plan, choosing this option will let you use your plan in 47 countries including the US, UK, NZ, Brazil and popular destinations in Europe and Asia for just $5 extra per day. For other countries Pay-As-You-Go Roaming rates will apply
- Tick the terms and conditions box if you agree and then click ‘Save Settings’
Check what it costs
Thinking of using data overseas?
Unless you're using $5 Roaming, data is charged at Pay-As-You-Go rates and isn’t included in monthly billed plans.
If you'd rather not use data, switch roaming data off on your phone to avoid data charges. Even with this switched off, you'd still be able to use WiFi (where available).
Want to use Voicemail?
If you've never used Voicemail before, make sure you've set it all up before you head off.
Make sure you know your Voicemail security code, you may need it overseas. If you can't remember it, change it before you leave.
Find out more about using Voicemail while international roaming.
Will it work when you get there?
There are two things to check:
You're ready to go!
While you’re away use 1512, My Vodafone or the My Vodafone app to keep an eye on your usage, but be aware there can be a delay with updating roaming usage details.
If you're new to roaming, find out what else you can expect when you get there.